what i am now...

Nostalgic..

I may not have achieved much in life, but what i am today is all because of Ashok. Ashok (my boss) he was the one to bring out the real me. I still remember when i went to his office first. I was working at RRD for few months after i finished my PG and was searching for some job related to my career. I somehow did not like the work culture there, so my mindset was to move any minute. The work timings here was less and not much of work to keep me occupied. I was staying in Catherine's home at that time. Slowly i started approaching consultancies but i don know what job i should take. I wanted to become a journalist and i was not confident on becoming one. By then i had moved to a hostel near by. So i approached the consultancies mailed them my resume and asked for jobs related to Mass Communication. After a while i got a call from a  consultancy saying that there is an offer for CRM - Customer Relationship Management, the job was not of my type and i din know what it means, but thought of applying for it. I told the consultancy person i will attend the interview, and a day was fixed, i took my roommate Seetha too for the interview.

I was interviewed by Ashok Thomas. Only after meeting him i came to know the job profile is for public relations. The first question he asked was, definition for public relations. I told him i don know. he asked me back how come you must have had a separate paper for public relations, i replied i din study. Then he gave the definition for public relations and made me understand. Then he explained to me this job demands one to be extrovert, outgoing, smiling always etc. I told him i usually dont smile, am an introvert, i wait for the opposite person to initiate the conversation etc... He smiled listening to what all i said, but i told him if given a chance then i will sure try to prove myself. He then said, okie lets work together for a week, and if you think you will be able to make it then we shall go ahead with the job. I was so happy, the next day i went for my job and left to Ashok's office by afternoon.. I was supposed to replace sonu.. she said, she will be coming for a week and also helped me in explaining what all am supposed to do.. I was frightened seeing her, she was smart, a perfect public relations person. She had good rapport with the journalist and she wasnt scared for a bit. But she said i will be able to make it. The job looked huge.. but then it was so interesting i made up my mind to go ahead with it and yes ofcourse Ashok found me capable too, i guess. 

I joined Adroit, and from day one my transformation started.. He thought me how to talk to people, how to initiate a conversation. What to talk when and what not to talk. Now today i am on my own.. People dont believe if i say am an introvert, a shy person who waits for the other side to open up. 


Contd..

Comments

Free Astrology said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Free Astrology said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Free Astrology said…
This piece stands out as something that is very true and real. I guess this is mainly because what you have written here is close to your heart. So the trick is to write about things which you feel deeply about and those which are truly close to your heart!
santhiyasj said…
thank you so much for your comments... ya this is something close to my heart...
Anonymous said…
Dream walkers... that is what we are...
santhiyasj said…
dream walkers? what is that got to do with the above?
Unknown said…
I admire the way you gathered all your guts to pen out your feelings, emotional ups & downs and life on this blog... we both have quite a bit similar life story. god bless ya.

Popular Posts